Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fashion, my love


There are always times in life when I can't help but feeling that I'm way too ambitious and that I dream too high. I'm always self conscious about the way people see me because probably I tend to fall into the 'frivolous' category in everybody's eyes, having so many goals and promises kept to myself others misunderstand me easily, so I'm aware that most of my friends believe I've tried too hard in life; even my best friend keeps repeating 'jokingly' that I should go back to my 'homeland' once I'm done with school next year. Of course I know she has no bad intentions telling me so but honestly I can't help but feeling a little bit uneasy whenever she mentions it in a playful way -don't blame me, after all, people say that there's some truth behind every 'innocent' joke-, usually my only reaction is brushing her off with a 'nice weather today' kind of remark but I've noticed that lately I've started to worry about my friends avoiding me deliberately. Sometimes I hate myself for thinking in such a way about the people 'who cares about me' but they seem to believe I have the stereotypical kind of Parisian life -which is definitely not the case- and they tend to consider my problems less important or just pointless.
My friends believe that my biggest concerns fall into banality, one of them made fun of me the other day saying -and I quote it- "What kind of problem would you have living in Paris? being unable to decide if you'll have mint or burgundy as main color in your collection? Not having idea if you'll buy a Phillip Lim bag or a Carven coat instead?" To be honest I feel bad knowing that my friends are convinced that I hate my country and that's why I've decided to pursue my studies elsewhere. I love them just as if they were my family so I don't get really hurt by such comments but there's an obnoxious incomprensible feeling about this, I also miss home and although this entry has taken the 'complain' direction the real reason why I'm writing this is because they seem to forget I'm here studying and not in some kind of vacation. I'm probably venting my frustrations in the wrong place but I wanted to make some remarks so my brothers and sisters -as I always address to my friends- remember that we're both creating our own paths and that living in Paris is not as different than living in Quito -which for me after all these years wandering around various places is still the best city- or just in general, any other city.

I'd  even dare to say that Quito is just as beautiful as Paris -I don't forget  that my city was in fact the first city declared as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO-.
My city is beautiful, isn't it?
Unluckily, fashion is the love of my life and... unfortunately and pitifully while fashion shows in Paris look like this...

Fashion shows in Ecuador are -I can't even look at this more than 10 seconds, it's just so embarrassing!-...

 And while models in Paris look like...

Models in Ecuador be like...

& Lastly, people attending Paris Fashion Week...

People attending to Ecuador Fashion Week...
I'm totally sure I go to school better dressed after waking up 30 minutes before my class starts.

So guys, do you understand me now?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you but instead of you fashion is not the love of my life. Also fashion in Paris is very different than Ecuador and is very interesting the difference between Paris and Ecuador. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sister I know my jokes aree mmmm.... jajajaja I love youu... you know it! reading this I understood many things :O Eres mi mejor amiga.... y lo único que quiero es que sigas tus sueños y como siempre te lo he dichooo eres alguien muy valiente (: TEAMO!!!

    ReplyDelete

© MAYBONES 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis