Friday, October 18, 2013

You know it's true...


Finally I managed to get my hands on a copy of L'Officiel Hommes Korea from April 2013. To be honest the main reason why I wanted this magazine was that one of my favorite groups was featuring in one of the editorials and as expected I was curious about the concept.
Since I was young I had a fixation over fashion from the  80s and 90’s, or to be more specific fashion from TV shows of early 90s like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air or Saved by the Bell and singers like New Kids on the Block (specially from their late 80’s era) so I must admit I nearly died once I checked the whole photo-shoot Teen Top made, I’m aware many people would hate the hairstyles and even the clothes, but for me such shapes, prints and ambience take me directly to the period I’ve always dreamed living in –in a very platonic way of course-.

I might be wrong with the references that inspired this fashion spread but when I look at it closely it has a late 80s feeling very ‘New Kids on the Block’ style in the music video for ‘I’ll be loving you forever’ combined with a troublesome guy of the 90’s –sorry this is completely random but I was thinking maybe Gangsta's Paradise would be the perfect soundtrack-

Anyhow, thumbs to the stylist of L’Officiel, the pictures came out pretty nice -and now I’ve officially founded the Korean Stylists' Fan club- their work is outstanding; it’s always a pleasure to have a look at Korean magazines, the pictures are never disappointing!  usually presenting striking concepts with fresh fashion, cool sets and overall amazing visuals. Once you’ve laid your eyes on the photoshoots Korean fashion magazines have you will never ever find again pleasure on checking the plain and overused concepts editorials in western magazines tend to display.


Scans from L'Officiel Homme Korea 'Boys on Top'  April 2013
Teen Top Official Facebook 
And in the spirit of the period some musical inspiration! seems like ages since I last listened all these songs.


 






3 comments:

  1. Hello,it's Rainie unni btw..Just come to stop by and greeting you
    so nice to see your fashion blog inspired by Korean/K-pop fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave photoshoots are those who are bit weird and creative. I think it's the purpose of fashion magazines to show trends - like 90's trends - that modern idols wouldn't dare to use for their concepts. We can see different face - and different fashion - than that shown by airport fashion or stage fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So different, its wonderfull but weird at the same time.. I love it

    ReplyDelete

© MAYBONES 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis